Re: TDE is Famous again! :-)

On Sunday 05 November 2023 07.15:28 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> The enthusiasm for eye-candy and gratuitous user
> interface changes is to me a real niusance.

Yes, but we who love simplicity may be an endangered species :)

Just last week, I had a student watching when I booted my laptop (MX-Linux).
He had a look at the GRUB menu (I have to keep a cropped Windows 10 on that
harddisk because that's all my school knows to use) and meant:

"Oh, you're still using an very old OS from the start of the 21st Century" -
because there was text (!) to read, so that was not "nice looking"
as "modern" operating systems...

I tried to explain to him that this OS was very modern - I don't think he
believed me (but he was polite enough to pretend he did :)

Thierry