Re: half-baked devuan installation - please help

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> That's not a bad idea. I have actually installed a complete system on a
> USB stick before; not only the root partition, but also swap and home. And
> I have been considering putting the efi boot partition on a flash drive,
> except that I need to get a few more flash drives before I can waste one
> for such a small partition. Unless it can be put there along side a Linux
> installation, then boot either from the machine's OS or from the one
> installed on the USB stick? That sounds like it could work, or not.

I do installation on USB via debootstrap and chroot.

Also I do not understand what you mean by EFI small partition. There are pen
drives (4GB) starting at 4€ in the local shop. EFI can be real small - 128
or 256MB. But the system goes onto the other partitions. After configuring
properly and executing update-grub it finds your Windows partitions and
write the entries intothe grub config. After this you can boot into any OS
that was present when you executed update-grub. If you remove the USB
stick - you boot directly to Windows.

BR