Re: half-baked devuan installation - please help

On Friday 13 October 2023 01:57:14 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Hi Bill!
>
> Can you log into the idepad via ssh and try to upgrade to "excalibur"
> (=testing) ? It has a kernel version that's better suited AMD laptops.
> FWIW: I have 2 of these amd ideapads (17" version): both run daedalus and
> work perfectly fine from the linux side - but on one machine the mainboard
> has a defect and is waiting for a replacement the third week now.
>
> I'll go through your mail later when I have more time :)
>
> Nik

Well, let's wait to see what you have to say after reading the rest of my
description. I cannot really login via ssh from another machine, if that's
what you mean, because I don't have another machine that I can use at
present. However, I can change my sources.list and upgrade to Excalibur like
that, if it is really necessary to test the theory.

My gut instinct tells me that this is really a graphics issue; such as, a
problem with my graphics card not being up to the new installation image of
Devuan Daedalus. And if this is so, then it is unlikely that it will be
better prepared for the installation image for Excalibur. Am I right?

Bill