Re: Kate configuration

Lou Gogan via tde-users wrote on 9/13/23 15:07:

On Wednesday 13 September 2023 16:22:53 D. R. Evans via tde-users wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "save the session (as default?)" at the end.
Do you mean that I should call the session "default" when I save it? I
tried that, and when I reopen kate, the sidebar is still present.

Doc

makinging a session the 'default' means whatever changes you make re sidebar
etc will be in the session which is automatically opened when to want to edit
a file

I'm sorry; I stil don't understand what you're trying to tell me :-(

how many session choices are there, when you open kate?

If I go to Sessions | Select Session there is no choice, just "Unnamed".

you should see which is the 'defuault' session

I guess that "Unnamed" is the default session, then.

then go to settings >> config kate
     choose >> sessions
     choose >> do not save session (files will not be added to the sidebar)
       ie   it will be a blank session

That is already the selected item in the configuration dialogue.

     enable >>  'include window config'  - then save the session

That is already the selected item in the configuration dialogue.

(See the attached screenshot.)

these actions should keep the sidebar from being opened - in the session which
is the 'default' session

I am still very confused about what you mean by "default session". But the configuration items are selected as I describe above, and when I click on the name of a text file in konqueror, kate still opens with a sidebar on the left (and the sidebar contains [only] the name of the file on which I clicked).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans