Re: Kate configuration

On Tuesday 12 September 2023 21:24:17 D. R. Evans via tde-users wrote:
> Ivan via tde-users wrote on 9/12/23 12:14:
> > You should try to enable "Include window configuration" setting in
> > Application/Sessions section of Configure dialog, then close sidebar and
> > restart Kate.
>
> I already have that checked :-(
>
> Explicitly:
>    1. in konqueror, click on a text file;
>    2. kate opens, with the sidebar;
>    3. remove sidebar;
>    4. close kate.
>
> Sometime later...
>    5. in konqueror, click on a text file;
>    6. kate opens, with the sidebar;
>
> Attached is the complete katerc configuration file as it currently exists
> on the system (if the reflector will allow the attachment to appear). Maybe
> somebody can spot the error.
>
> [Just to be clear: kate generated the file, based on the configuration
> dialogues; I did not create or edit it manually.]
>
>    Doc

if files are listed in the sidebar is because you opened a session - not
a 'blank' kate

open the sidebar and use the 'close' button to remove those files from the
session

close the sidebar

then go to settings >> config kate
  choose >> sessions
  choose >> do not save session (files will not be added to the sidebar)
  enable >>  'include window config'  - then save the session (as default?)

if I understand your problem correctly, that may possibly clear up things

Lou