Re: Kate configuration

On Wednesday 13 September 2023 16:22:53 D. R. Evans via tde-users wrote:
> Lou Gogan via tde-users wrote on 9/12/23 16:38:
> > open the sidebar and use the 'close' button to remove those files from
> > the session
>
> OK; done that.
>
> > close the sidebar
>
> OK; done that.
>
> > then go to settings >> config kate
> >    choose >> sessions
> >    choose >> do not save session (files will not be added to the sidebar)
> >    enable >>  'include window config'  - then save the session (as
> > default?)
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "save the session (as default?)" at the end.
> Do you mean that I should call the session "default" when I save it? I
> tried that, and when I reopen kate, the sidebar is still present.

Doc

makinging a session the 'default' means whatever changes you make re sidebar
etc will be in the session which is automatically opened when to want to edit
a file

how many session choices are there, when you open kate?
you should see which is the 'defuault' session

> I will attach the current version of katerc, as it stands after executing
> your suggestions.
>
>    Doc

then go to settings >> config kate
    choose >> sessions
    choose >> do not save session (files will not be added to the sidebar)
      ie   it will be a blank session
    enable >>  'include window config'  - then save the session

these actions should keep the sidebar from being opened - in the session which
is the 'default' session

have you tried that???

Lou