Re: tdelauncher DCOPserver, again

On Tuesday 08 August 2023 21:18:54 ajh-valmer via tde-users wrote:

> Change the owner of "/run/user/1000/ICEauthorithy" now doesn't resolve the
> message  "Can't communicate with TDElauncher via DCOP".
> On my 3 computers, small laptop, 2 computers on Debian-12,
> everything works fine, and not on my recent Lenovo laptop.
> It appears after 3 minutes after the TDM boot.
> I don't know what to do to repair, do Slavek can help me...
> Cheers,
> Andr�Ah ha. I got that message, but it was a long long time ago, and I cannot
recall exactly how I got round it. It seems to me that it had something to do
with dmrc. I will look through my notes to see if I kept anything on this
matter.

Just out of curiosity, do you enable root password in Debian? If it is a
machine for a single user, I just enable shadow passwords, but do not create
a root password, as that is just a headache for a single user.

Something in your description reminds me of what I went through a few years
back, when I first switched from the 'Buntus to a Debian system. And since
then I have moved on to Devuan. Likewise the Lenovo laptop. For me, it helped
to enable legacy boot, but UEFI first, and to disable secure boot, as that
seems to be designed to prevent a successful installation of Linux.

Bill