Re: tdelauncher DCOPserver, again

On Tue August 8 2023 03:05:36 ajh-valmer-free via tde-users wrote:
> The error message "tdelauncher dcoperver " comes from the directory :
> "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority" rights rw, if the owner of this file becomes
> root:root. It must be "andre:andre".
> If I change it, the error message disappears.

Hi André,

It looks like you have tracked the problem to a point where
I cannot help you much.  Only a root process can change an
andre-owned directory to root-owned.  TDM and X may be running
as root but all of TDE proper should be running as andre unless
and until you deliberately start something as root such as a
root konsole.

I would try to figure out whether the directory is created with
the correct owner and/or what is changing it.  That's probably
not going to be easy.  A couple of tricks which may or may not
help:

(1) After the directory is in a good state "chattr +i ..." it
    and see if anything later complains when it tries to change
    the owner.  Be sure to undo this later or it may create more
    problems.

(2) Create a little script to run in a loop in a konsole to
    check the directory every second and alert you when the
    ownership has changed.

--Mike