Re: tdelauncher DCOPserver, again

On Tuesday 08 August 2023 17:56:45 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
> When an issue is resolved it is helpful to post that fact to the thread
> so that (1) people don't spend time trying to think of solutions for
> you and (2) people who experience the same problem can try your solution :

Sorry for that, just after the new installation I have the problem
of "tdelauncher DCOPserver", so much work to find this sad result,
that seemed resolved since a long time.

> If you obtain different results on successive installs of the same
> software to the same disks you may have a disk problem.
> Hi André,
> It looks like you have tracked the problem to a point where
> I cannot help you much.  Only a root process can change an
> andre-owned directory to root-owned.  TDM and X may be running
> as root but all of TDE proper should be running as andre unless
> and until you deliberately start something as root such as a
> root konsole.
> I would try to figure out whether the directory is created with
> the correct owner and/or what is changing it.  That's probably
> not going to be easy.  A couple of tricks which may or may not help:
> (1) After the directory is in a good state "chattr +i ..." it
>     and see if anything later complains when it tries to change
>     the owner.  Be sure to undo this later or it may create more
>     problems.
> (2) Create a little script to run in a loop in a konsole to
>     check the directory every second and alert you when the
>     ownership has changed :
Change the owner of "/run/user/1000/ICEauthorithy" now doesn't resolve the
message  "Can't communicate with TDElauncher via DCOP".
On my 3 computers, small laptop, 2 computers on Debian-12,
everything works fine, and not on my recent Lenovo laptop.
It appears after 3 minutes after the TDM boot.
I don't know what to do to repair, do Slavek can help me...
Cheers,
André