Re: kate configuration

On 7/21/23 22:49, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
On 2023/07/21 11:35 PM, gene heskett via tde-users wrote:
Everyone else claims it just works, without the dependency problems I'm seeing. ??

Well, it does install and work fine, as I am sure many users can confirm :-) Dependency issues may be due to outdated packages from the past or some other reasons. But TDE does indeed install in clean debian environments.
Cheers
   Michele

ATM, I'm still trying to figure out bookworm. Its install was forced on me by a bullseye update that nuked my passwd, locking me out of the system since I use sudo for root things. I still do. bookworm seems to have a new acl policy, resulting in my not having write privs for nearly 2 T of /home/me/Pictures on a 4T raid10 of samsung 1t SSD's. The latest weekly build of digiKam can see my Pictures and Photos directories and can see the pix on my camera, even sorting them into new for download, but cannot download, shotwell can but is best described as a pita to use. I do a lot of design work in openscad, sending the result to Cura for slicing wich cura does well, but when its time to save that sliced gcode, it may take several minutes after I click save for the file requester to show up, and it shows up first in the tool bar at the bottom of the screen, requiring an extra click on that to actually open the requestor. In short, usability sucks dead toads thru soda straws.

I think some of kde plasma is being funkity, as I have a bottom toolbar full of generic icons that are not assigned to launch anything but more of them and no way to remove them. The icon for thunderbird says "TDE - Mozilla" as line 1 beside the round icon, and "Thunderbird" on line 2, and 2 more copies that seem to be associated with this message composer.

And synaptic does not appear to have any tde entry's to install. At the very minimum I would like to get rid of tbird since its sorting filter only work for certain phases of the moon with no errors reported when they don't work. Buggiest piece of sw I have tangled with since I put linux on a k6 cpu in 1998.

So I assume the first order is to add the tde r14 repo's to the apt sources lists. Can you supply that repo line please?

Thanks Michele, take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis