Re: kate configuration

Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote on 7/21/23 07:20:

Can you post a screenshot showing the problem? Most likely need to save a default session with the config you would like
to have.

Your hint about sessions was enough for me to (I think) fix the problem.

I, frankly, have never understood kate sessions... they seem a complication that I have no interest in, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell kate not to use them.

Anyway, I looked at the "Sessions | Select session" menu, and up popped >300 "Unnamed" entries.

So I manually cleaned up the session directory and edited the sessions.list file to contain only one entry, then made sure that kate saves the session when it exits, and removed the unwanted left-hand column and exited kate. The next time I started kate, everything looked (and continues to look) the way I want it to. So thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans