Re: kate configuration

Anno domini 2023 Thu, 20 Jul 10:20:13 -0600
 D. R. Evans via tde-users scripsit:
> At some point in the last year, kate started behaving differently here: when
> it opens a file for editing, there is now an extra column to the left of the
> contents of the file; the extra column shows the name of the file being
> edited. I can remove this extra column by hitting the word "Documents" which
> appears (rendered vertically) at the extreme left of the kate window.
>
> But I do get fed up of having to do this every single time I open a file for
> editing in kate.
>
> So how do I configure kate so that this additional column with the name of the
> file being edited no longer appears when kate opens a file for editing?
>
> (I looked at the kate configuration file, but nothing obvious struck me;
> searching the Internet also didn't produce anything useful that addresses
> this, but it's perfectly possible that I wasn't using a very good search string.)

I remember that I looked for that years ago, but did not find it either. I think it was possible ages ago to create a new session and all settings where saved in that session - but I just tried, but it does not work: kate crashes when switching sessions (I have 2 "unknown"), or does not save sessions, or crashes when saving sessions if the document windows is hidden. So probably it's time for a bug report :)

Nik