Subject: Re: L-15.5 1st impression
Date: 2023-04-21, 22:25:00
From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 4/21/23 22:20, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 4/21/23 19:46, bent fender wrote:
>> I hope I'm wrong but it looks like 15.4-kde will be my last one.
>>
>> I haven tried only the kde desktop but I see no way to set up a conventional
>> Application launcher with thew cascading menu tree. I even pre-copied an
>> entire user folder from 15.4 but none of that had any effect. What I do see
>> is a smartphoneish, microcancerish, touchpadish deskdump of which I will
>> have none. Tomorrow I'll look at the XFCE setup.
>
> Your missing out, the KDE3 repo is the best in the world -- and still just as
> good as you remember it :)

Oh,

   You will need to grab the 15.3

desktop-data-openSUSE-15.0.20171024-lp153.1.53.src.rpm

for the xdg menu categories (otherwise all items are just dumped in the menu).
This change was a result of Gnome -- and it really sucks. This is one addition
that should be added to the KDE3 repo -- but it does affect all desktops.

Why SUSE let the gnome tail wag the openSUSE dog is bewildering...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.