Set resolution *before* login

Hello all,

I'm setting up a laptop with a 4K screen (it's a Thinkpad P51). This 4K screen
will be used to manipulate Photos (with programs that require Windows...).

I have installed Linux as well (for everything that does not require M$ stuff)
with MX-Linux and TDE.

I want to run TDE (and mostly all Linux programs) at 1920x1080. I've managed
to do this with xrandr, running from a script that is in /usr/local/share.

The last "problem" (with which I can live, just nags me) is that this script
visibly is run relatively late, after the login screen, which is then tiny.

I first set it up for xfce/lightdm and the scripts are triggered from
*.desktop files in ~/.config/autostart.

I found an /opt/trinity/share/autostart and hoped it might run thing before
login but it does not seem to (or more probably my syntax is not the right
one).

So the question is: is it possible to set resolution before login, if so how.
I'd prefet to continue working with xrandr than hardwiring something in the X
configuration file.

Thierry