Re: how to suppress icons in systray ? sorta half-solved

On Friday 21 April 2023 06:11:06 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Anno domini 2023 Fri, 21 Apr 10:05:47 +0000
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > >
> > > this is strange, because ksystraycmd is a utility to start applications
> > > and keep them running in the systray.
> > >
> > > I wonder why you don't find out what is starting smplayer in
> > > ksystraycmd and fix it there instead
> >
> > But the applications do keep running. It's just those extra ghost icons
> > that serve no real purpose. I don't want them.
>
> appications register themselfs als "I have a super importenat systray
> icon", this not something the systray does by its self. IMO you'll have to
> go through the applications settings and disable systray integration.

I agree with Nik, especially in the case of SMPlayer.  It's a configure option
inside the app itself.

> >  Especially, as I said,
> > when I get my systray full of half a dozen or more of them, and often
> > they are all icons for, say, smplayer, yet they actually represent other
> > applications.

That would be a bug.

Unless you've specifically gone into each app and manually changed its icon,
which sounds really doubtful.  Or you have SMPlayer configured to have
multiple instances running at the same time. [Options >> Preferences >>
Interface, tab Instances]

If it persists, try to make a screenshot of it with 3+ duplicates.  Then add a
bug to bugzilla including which apps are behind the duplicite icons.

Best,
Michael