Re: Wrong placed notifications after switching to an other monitor

On 2023/04/21 05:27 AM, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
I have a notebook but in most of the time (but not always) use an external
monitor. One time I use only one monitor. After switching to external
HDMI-1 monitor from LVDS-1 using "Resize and Rotate" the notifications of
various panel applets (like TDENetworkManager) appears on desktop in wrong
places, far from the right place (from the mouse), using the previous
monitor size. The same problem is with Kate. This is very annoying... I
did not try to logout since I do not want to loose my session work. Is
there any solution? TDE R14.0.9

Not that I am aware of. I think to remember that there was a rumor of a fix,
but no idea when or if it is fixed.
But in any case I can confirm this behavior in 14.1 as well.
Basically the handling of additional monitors is not very good. I don't know
if this is really TDE problem or has to do something with the X server

For future reference:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/issues/333

Cheers
  Michele