Re: Wrong placed notifications after switching to an other monitor

said deloptes via tde-users:

| Pelim Hurum via tde-users wrote:
| > I have a notebook but in most of the time (but not always) use an
| > external monitor. One time I use only one monitor. After switching to
| > external HDMI-1 monitor from LVDS-1 using "Resize and Rotate" the
| > notifications of various panel applets (like TDENetworkManager)
| > appears on desktop in wrong places, far from the right place (from the
| > mouse), using the previous monitor size. The same problem is with
| > Kate. This is very annoying... I did not try to logout since I do not
| > want to loose my session work. Is there any solution? TDE R14.0.9
|
| Not that I am aware of. I think to remember that there was a rumor of a
| fix, but no idea when or if it is fixed.
| But in any case I can confirm this behavior in 14.1 as well.
| Basically the handling of additional monitors is not very good. I don't
| know if this is really TDE problem or has to do something with the X
| server

Depending on the video chip being used, it could be that vendor-provided
utilities can provide relief. I've found that the NVIDIA X Server Settings
application lets me configure such things pretty easily. Perhaps not the
solution being sought, but at least a possibility until the functionality
is added to TDE itself.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album