Re: two configuration issues

said J Leslie Turriff via tde-users:
| On 2023-03-23 19:03:35 dep via tde-users wrote:
| > said midi-pascal via tde-users:
|
| [snip]
|
| > Now I need to figure out how to get TDE to use x-cursors. I know it
| > can, because I use redglass on my desktop machine. But there's some
| > spin to it, because simply installing the cursors, pointers, etc. and
| > pointing KControl at 'em doesn't do the trick. (We could really use a
| > good cursor editor. It would need only to be a way to put a hot pixel
| > into any approproately sized bitmap.)
| > --
| > dep
|
| 	Hear, hear!  It ought to be as easy as the cursor editor in AmigaOS.

After 25 years I still desperately miss the cursor editor program I
bought -- yeah, it was a commercial app -- for the OS/2 WPS. It would let
you make cursors and related stuff that was the opposite value of whatever
they were over, so it would be white when over black, black when over
white, and if on the edge maybe half black and half white. You could never
lose your cursor. It's the single most useful computer utility I've ever
owned and I miss it constantly. (I do not remember how it sorted its color
opposites, but I remember that it was both effective and pleasant to use.)

In a world in which you can get any of 100 different fart-noise simulators
from the app store, you'd think there would be one person who would have
developed a Linux equivalent to that little OS/2 utility, but if someone
has I've been unable to find it.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album