Re: two configuration issues

On 2023-03-23 18:30, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
dep via tde-users wrote:

now, why i'm here: i've hit a couple of configuration issues. first, how
do i make the desktop pager go away, forever, appearing nowhere. i use one
desktop, and don't have room to spare on kicker.
AFAIK it is applet, so you right click on the bar, that appears when you
mouse over it and remove

second, how do i make the trashcan and icon go away. on my desktop machine
i somehow found a way to put it as a hidden directory in my home
directory, which is fine. but i do not want it appearing on my desktop.
didn't like it in windows 3.0 and still don't.
I don't know if this is possible without consequences

third, the awful phenomenon of the keyring login popping up and demanding
a password whenever i lon in to the net has returned. i don't remember how
it got killed last time.
this is probably gnome - try removing the gnome keyring package. TDE has
only the tdewallet.
if you are using gnome networkmanager to connect to WLAN, try replacing it
with tdenetworkmanager. It works pretty well

For the icons on the desktop part, it is really easy to fix:

Right-click on the desktop background, then choose "Configure Desktop...", then "Behavior" on the left menu then unset the "Show desktop icons" checkbox from the "General" tab.

I don't like icons on my desktop so this solves the hurdle!

Hope this helps!