Re: two configuration issues

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 00:03:35 +0000
dep via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I need to figure out how to get TDE to use x-cursors. I know it can,
> because I use redglass on my desktop machine. But there's some spin to it,
> because simply installing the cursors, pointers, etc. and pointing
> KControl at 'em doesn't do the trick. (We could really use a good cursor
> editor. It would need only to be a way to put a hot pixel into any
> approproately sized bitmap.)

I think I ended up adding an environment variable XCURSOR_THEME
with a value of "default" at one point because the GTK3 Adwaita engine-thing
kept trying to hijack the cursor theme and ignoring the Control Center when
I tried to kick it to the curb.  Don't know if that's relevant to your distro, though,
or what value you need to get something other than the default cursor.

E. Liddell