Re: more elementary questions

said Michael via tde-users:
| On Friday 17 March 2023 03:15:39 pm dep via tde-users wrote:
| > Um, well, I can think of a couple thousand reasons not to do it that
| > way, the first being the problem in copying a 6-tb partition to a
| > 950-gb partition. (I don't think there's stacker for linux.)
|
| lol, yeah, that's not gonna work ;0
|
| They're scattered about in .trinity
|
| But that includes app data like your email messages, so maybe check the
| dir size first?  If the size is okay, then copy the whole dir over and
| go...

Hmmm. My mail messages live in ~/Mail.

I just copied all of ~/.trinity to the notebook, from a prompt though
logged in as me. It seems mostly to have worked -- completely to have
worked but for no kicker icons for apps I haven't installed yet, which is
expected and, puzzlingly, no KMenu at all, which isn't expected.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/