more elementary questions

greets again . . .

my laptop test case for debian continues. my goal today is to make my
TDE -- menus, apps, panel, desktop, etc. -- as close as i can to my
desktop machine. i could do this by hand, which would take a day or two,
or perhaps by copying my configuration from the desktop to the notebook
via something like a usb drive.

what i do not know is what configurations to copy. the whole .config
directory seems a little drastic, and i do not know that it would do the
job. would .trinity do it?

i should already know all this, but it's been a lot of years (and at least
one covid brain repartitioning), and i'd rather ask than break things and
ask afterwards.

thanks in advance.
--
dep