Re: how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

On Monday 21 November 2022 16:09:00 E. Liddell wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:48:34 -0800
>
> William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But anyway, it wouldn't suit my needs. I just want a basic calculator,
> > only BIGGER, in size, in fonts, in other words, visible for my old eyes.
>
> The kcalc buttons use the General font from your TDE theme.  So if you're
> willing to make *all* your text larger, you can enlarge what's on the
> buttons.
>
> (Generally, I use perl -e as a calculator, but that's kind of inconvenient
> for most people.)
>
> E. Liddell

Actually, that might work, since *all* the text (on both buttons and
interface) is about the same size, which is too small for comfort. The
kcalc-trinity interface is better than the alternatives, but for me, bigger
would still be better.

On re-reading your words, however, I suspect that what you mean is, not just
that all text would be larger on the calculator (buttons, interface, maybe
display), but rather, ALL text would be larger (on all screens, on all TDE
and possibly also non-TDE programs, etc.); am I right? If that's what you
mean, then no, it wouldn't do, because I have got everything just right after
using KDE3/TDE since 2006 or so, and I don't want to change now.

The output display window is big enough, but I would mind a little larger.
That seems like it would be something different from the font size on buttons
and interface.

As for perl -e, that seems like too much trouble for a simple calculator.

Bill