Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

On Saturday 19 November 2022 14:00:54 deloptes wrote:
> William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > My new phone, by the way, does have a "desktop mode"; I haven't explored
> > whatever that is, but I am guessing that where TDE will find a home on my
> > phone.
>
> Please post if you get some meaningful results. I moved from Nokia N9
> (MeeGo project - pure linux with debian based packaging) to the spin of
> SailFish OS by Jolla (is continuation of the MeeGo but with RPM based
> packaging)

I've been thinking of trying it out with an external keyboard and mouse, if I
can get one to work on this new phone.

I did have another smartphone for a job a few years ago, and I managed to
connect it to external keyboard, mouse, hard drives & flash drives, etc.
There are a couple of gadgets I have, which ought to allow me to connect my
phone to anything via USB. But so far I haven't had the ambition or enough
free time and relative seclusion, so that I won't be constantly interrupted
in the middle of some complicated or delicate operation.

Bill