Re: deps-r14 error when installing on MX-Linux

On Wednesday 16 November 2022 06.02:49 Felix Miata wrote:

> I can't imagine what about TDE on MX could make it better than TDE on
> Debian directly for any  user with significant experience with a variety of
> distros.

While I can agree (and my main machine is and remains Debian), I've had to
create a "Linux on a stick" solution for myself and colleagues who had to
cope with a "we'll use MS Office" move at work.

This meant booting a Linux from a USB stick on a Mac Mini (because that's what
we do have installed) and using a Huion Tablet connected to that. Things had
to be simple because the colleagues are Windows/Mac/iPad users.

MX-Linux just did the job: easy to install, easy to setup, correctly sets up
all the hardware and has rolling updates, all that atop what still is Debian
(even if not "pure"). OpenBoard runs from Flatpak, Teams for Linux sort of
works (as we have to use that), Prospect Mail gives access to Outlook (no
choice...).

I may be wrong, but MX being sort of a stable/unstable Debian mix seems a
better choice for people who won't understand the advantages of Debian being
so conservative. On my main machine I am still on Buster, as I did not seen
any major advantage to migrate to Bullseye (and dist-upgrade ended in a
disaster). I do have a bullseye install available, but I am too lazy to
finish the setup :)

Note that so far, the preliminary builds run very well on MX 21, so the error
message does not seem to have any profound meaning.

Thierry