Re: Poll for (cheap) TDE Mirror capabilities

On 9/4/22 03:48, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Sunday 04 September 2022 03.28:20 Michael wrote:
A Raspberry Pi is sufficient to do this with.  My hazy memory (18 months
ago) is Slávek wanted something like 1 or 2 TB [1] of space for all the TDE
‘stuff.’
I do have a few raspi around. Adding a SSD would be easy.
Yes, its not that hard. On the rpi4, I have a StarTech usb3<->sata adapter plugged into each usb2 port, with a 240GB SSD plugged into the 1st adapter, and a 120GB into the
second adapter. Mounted in /etc/fstab.

Using that 240GB as workspace, I can build a fresh realtime kernel in under 30 minutes, and can build my own copy of linuxcnc from a git pull from master on github in around
an hour if the if the linuxcnc buildbot has a tummy ache.

I also have a couple rock64's on my local net, running octoprint to manage a couple 3d
printers.

But so far they are running from 64GB u-sd's. Slower of course. When I get both of those completed, they are a work in progress, I'll try an SSD on those. The function of the rock64's single usb3 port is reported to be hit and miss, but its my observation the miss
goes away when using the StarTech adaptors on the rpi4b's.

My biggest problem is my 10 megabaud cable connections 250kb upload bandwidth.
Thierry

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis