Re: Libre Office [WAS: Most stable platform to run Trinity on?]

said Marvin Jones via tde-users:
| On Sat, 3 Sep 2022, dep wrote:
| >said dep:
| >| Frankly, I liked Star Office!
| >
| >And truth be known, ApplixWare was non-awful.
|
| I still have a working copy of WordStar 6.0 on my linux workstation.

I have the CDs, etc., for WordPerfect/Linux, which never didn't suck. OTOH,
I have installed on this very machine Word 6/DOS and Textra/DOS. (There is
a non-stunt reason: occasionally I happen upon old files written in those,
and I need to export 'em to RTF to make 'em readable. Though both of them
were excellent word crunchers. Wish there were a decent Linux text-based
word processor. And no, EMACS does not fit the bill. EMACS was developed
so basement dwellers could write love notes to the girlfriends they would
never have. Today's incels think they're something new. Ah. but I
digress . . .)
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album