Re: Most stable platform to run Trinity on?

On Saturday 03 September 2022 06:55:45 Curt Howland wrote:

> Ok, the last version (Debian 11) did bring a new LibreOffice, and this
> LibreOffice doesn't read the TDE environment variables anymore, so
> LibreOffice is no longer using my preferred window colors.

Yeah ... [gghrrrrrrhrrr]

LibreOrifice not only doesn't read my TDE environment and won't use my
preferred window colors (and font sizes in the gui), but ALSO --

Just yesterday I got a surprise pop-up asking for donations. Bad enough, but I
could click to close them, and I figure that everybody needs money,
everybody's doing it, blah-blah-blah.

And then, when I switched over to my browser, I find that LibreOrifice had
opened up a browser tab, trying to follow a redirect to some page where I
could make said donations.

I really would like to go back to OpenOffice, which used to work. I don't like
how these newer programs or new releases of old programs have started to
disregard our privacy, or basic system settings. (I don't allow any programs
to do that kind of thing.)

TDE, however, continues to work pretty much without bother, and Devuan/Debian
just works, and they go well together.

Bill