Re: how to use Kmail with the new Google monster? [offtopic]

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 01:56:53 pm William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2022 11:13:04 Michael wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 May 2022 11:45:19 am William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > Now, unless I can use Tor to cloak my IP address and make it look like
> > > I'm not using Tor, I probably can't get into my Google account.
> > > Apparently I will be forced to go elsewhere, the library or whatever,
> > > to use their Internet and change my settings.
> >
> > If you don't already have it, install the Tor browser bundle and use it
> > to access Google.  If (When really) you get the 'access denied' change
> > the circuit in TBB.  You do that by clicking the 'lock' icon next to the
> > URL and selecting 'New circuit for this site.'
> >
> > You will probably need to do this a few dozen times to eventually get an
> > exit node that big G isn't pissed off at the moment.
>
> How is this different from using tork-trinity? I can create my own
> circuits, make sure that I am using only US exit servers. (Is MIT
> considered a *bad* exit, for example?) Also use bridges, etc.
>
> It may be simpler just to go to the library.

Hi Bill,

G just (temporarily) bans any IP that ‘does bad things’ (even libraries).  As
long as you can easily change the exit node and re-load the page you should
be good.  I suggested TBB only because it does that with one click of a
button.

Tor exit nodes usually ‘do bad things,’ but with enough changes you should be
able to get in.

Best,
Michael