Re: video sound not working

Anno domini 2022 Sat, 7 May 02:22:35 -0700
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> On Saturday 07 May 2022 01:05:22 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > ( sleep 3
> >         awk '/: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic/ {print "defaults.pcm.card
> > ",$1; pr int "defaults.ctl.card ",$1; print "defaults.timer.card ",$1;}'
> > /proc/asound/car ds > /etc/asound.conf
> >         sleep 20
> >         amixer sset Front 100%
> >         amixer sset Front on
> >         amixer sset PCM 100%
> > ) &
>

> Hi, Nik!
>
> I usually try to avoid pulseaudio, but this new laptop has given me new
> headaches. I don't usually mess around with jack, although it seems to get
> installed somehow without my wanting it; but since it hasn't interfered with
> anything, I leave it alone.
>
> Regarding these lines for /etc/rc.local, where do I insert them? There is a
> period at the end of the shell script, and experience has taught me that this
> is necessary. Do I insert the lines before the period?
>
> Also, what do you mean by "nicht" lines? My first guess is that you mean niche
> lines, but that doesn't help me understand what you mean.

LOL ... should be "nice lines" ... probably I need to type a bit more careful :)

They can go anywhere in /etc/rc.local, that is, if you need them at all. I found that I need them on my system (too many soundcards, and the one I want as default usually is not the default) --> I need to modify /etc/asound.conf on each boot. And after TDE comes up, I need to set the correct values for my mixer & output, otherwise they are muted. I remember a time when ALSA saved the settings on shutdown/reboot and restored them on the next boot, but I'm not sure if that was this millenia or the last.

Nik