Re: video sound not working

On Saturday 07 May 2022 01:05:22 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> ( sleep 3
>         awk '/: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic/ {print "defaults.pcm.card
> ",$1; pr int "defaults.ctl.card ",$1; print "defaults.timer.card ",$1;}'
> /proc/asound/car ds > /etc/asound.conf
>         sleep 20
>         amixer sset Front 100%
>         amixer sset Front on
>         amixer sset PCM 100%
> ) &

Hi, Nik!

I usually try to avoid pulseaudio, but this new laptop has given me new
headaches. I don't usually mess around with jack, although it seems to get
installed somehow without my wanting it; but since it hasn't interfered with
anything, I leave it alone.

Regarding these lines for /etc/rc.local, where do I insert them? There is a
period at the end of the shell script, and experience has taught me that this
is necessary. Do I insert the lines before the period?

Also, what do you mean by "nicht" lines? My first guess is that you mean niche
lines, but that doesn't help me understand what you mean.

Wiktionary tells me that it refers to a female cousin, a niece, or an
effeminate man. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nicht
I know that I am not the man that I used to be, due to the effects of age, but
I object to being called effeminate; although I do like to cook and bake, but
that is because I like to eat, nothing to do with my obvious manliness.

;-)

Bill