Re: message bus - connection refused - WTF?

On Wednesday 27 April 2022 22:02:11 alistair izzard via tde-users wrote:
> This can happen due to something like a dirty bit on ntfs, try fixntfs or
> try another cable also has Kate said try smart to see if the drive is OK.
> Best idea actually would be to plug in to a windows box if you can get to
> one and that will repair filesystem problems better than fixntfs.   Alie

I formatted these drives as ext3, not ntfs, so connecting to a Windoze machine
will never happen.

Probably it is what Kate has already suggested, and as I was beginning to
suspect. I might need to get another power supply or adapter, since the
cooling pad for my laptop uses the same size adapter. Probably more power is
all that is needed. I have 3 usb 3.0 ports on my machine, but they get used
up fast. I try to use a single machine to do too many different things.

The simple, easy solution is that I need to get myself moved into a bigger
place, somewhere that I can have a nerd cave, a room where I would have
several machines running. For the present, though, I must make do.

Bill