Re: message bus - connection refused - WTF?

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> At last I decided to reinstall my system, but after booting up again,
> nothing has changed in this behavior. I did finally get a message window
> (not in TDE style, but rather in XFCE or Gnome or whatever) saying
> something like "message bus could not connect, connection refused - but
> why all of a sudden? Everything has been running great.

in some case the dbus server is spawning too many messages and gets
exhausted. I have seen it few times, when testing with dbus

I am not sure about XFCE, but Gnome is using dbus heavily which brings me to
the question why would you use Devuan when using Gnome as Devuan is without
systemd, but systemd plays significant role in the context of Gnome and
both are integrating with and relying to dbus.

> It occurs to me that somebody on the mailing list mentioned that Konqueror
> was acting a little weird, and I wondered if this could be related.

Konqueror (and TDE) do not use dbus although there are few exceptions.

> I am running Devuan Chimaera (= Debian Bullseye) and currently using the
> TDE stable repositories.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

To find out what is going on (next time) use dbus-monitor

        dbus-monitor --system
        dbus-monitor --session

hopefully you can find out which application was responsible for exhausting
the dbus.

BR