Re: smtp sending failed

On Thursday 14 April 2022 10:18:36 ajh-valmer wrote:

> > Have you tried setting up some new "disposable" email addresses? Use your
> > own name, use a fake name, but try setting up some new email accounts,
> > just to see if they, too, get banned.
>
> Zoho , Proton (MUA ?) : seems not existing on Buster-Debian.
You don't download them as Debian packages. You need to register new accounts
(if you want them). Good to have backup email accounts, anyway, but in this
case you can test whether you are being marked as a spammer despite using new
accounts. If so, then it's not your ISP or your email provider, but rather
yourself or your location (country?), or something else.

Zoho is webmail, but it also works just fine using kmail-trinity as your
client on your own machine.

https://www.zoho.com/mail/

Likewise with Proton Mail, except that it's more secure, encrypted, and a
bother to set up. Others here on the mailing list use it, and may be able to
help you with Proton.
https://protonmail.com/

> With MUA Thunderbird, "smtp.bbox.fr" , "smtp.free.fr", work fine.
> But "pop.free.fr" receives <mail>@free.fr as spams.
>
> So, why no SMTP works with kmail-trinity,
> (excepted smtp.starinux.org).
> Strange...
>
> Cheers
>
> andré

Also you want to make sure that somebody "out there" hasn't compromised your
account, and is using it for spam. I don't know how that is done, exactly,
but I'm sure others here can help, if it's a possibility.

It would be nice if one email account, or provider, would do it right, all the
time, so that we never need to get new email addresses, but that is not how
things work.

Bill