Re: smtp sending failed

On Wed April 13 2022 19:37:19 E. Liddell wrote:
> I've looked at several list message headers now, and no one else
> I've checked has a softfail there—it's either
>
> DMARC_POLICY_ALLOW(-0.50)[domain];
>
> or
>
> DMARC_NA(0.00)[domain];
>
> So the list server isn't causing the softfail.  Something else isn't
> right.  (And I think it's the list server itself that's doing that bit of
> spam scoring—the only messages that lack it are the ones sent
> from HyperKitty.)

OK, I see now that you're looking here at the list server's
spamd SPF scores.

ajh.valmer@xxxxxxx has recently been sending via SMTP server
mail.starinux.org (213.36.253.166) which is not one of the
regular free.fr servers (212.27.42.1-6).  This hurts his spam
score a little but it should not cause emails to be blocked as
free.fr DMARC has "p=none" meaning don't reject and don't
quarantine.

(I would expect a few bad ISPs to block him but not "all" which
is what he wrote.)

I would expect his emails to be more deliverable if he
used the SMTP server which matched each email address he
uses.  KMail makes it easy to configure the appropriate
outbound account for each identity if you are using more
than one.  (Settings / Configure KMail / Identities /
(select) / Modify / Advanced / Special Transport).

--Mike