Re: Modify a remote file

On Monday 21 March 2022 13:23:05 Marvin Jones via tde-users wrote:

> >I use sftp://<server-address> with Konqueror.
> >I open the files :  .TXT .JSP .PHP... with kedit.
> >Thoses files are text, even if the extension is not txt.
> >Only the .php files are directly amended under :
> >sftp://<server-address>/folder
> >The others (.jsp , .txt) are first dowloaded on :
> >/var/tmp/tde-cache-andre...
> >I make corrections, and I have to upload them
> >so that it is registered on the server.
> >It takes more time than the .php files.

> Strange.
> That is _exactly_ the way I edit/delete/move/rename my remote files.
> I use konqueror with two split windows (window => split left/right)
> with (usually) my local directory in the left pane and my remote
> directory in the right pane.
> I just checked -- editing a no-extension bash script with kwrite and I
> do not see what you are reporting.  I did a trivial change in a comment
> in a bash script and saved it.  The result was the 'new' bash_script
> and the bash_script~ backup that kwrite always leaves behind.
> While the remote file is open in konqueror, I have _no_
> /var/tmp/tde-cache-jonesy

The files are present in this folder :
"/var/tmp/tdecache-andre/krun/<files .txt or files .jsp>"
When modified, they are uploaded on the remote server, registered,
in the folder /var/www/
I'm think that this strange attitude could be resolved
with TDE menu, TDE components => files associations, but how ?

Cheers , André