OFF-TOPIC and CONTROVERSIAL Re: Re: Support for ukrainian?

Fair warning: OFF TOPIC and CONTROVERSIAL.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 11:15:50AM +0100, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> > Are you or your friend willing to do the same for refugees from Africa or Syria? Or mayby - god forbid - Russia?
> > Nik
>
> With all due respect but this is a VERY CYNICAL REMARK, or some kind
> of irony I am unable to gasp.

I don't believe that Nikolaus meant that remark as irony.

The West's reaction to Ukraine is deeply hypocritical and racist, and
deeply, deeply dangerous, risking nuclear war for the sake of US
interests.

For 20 years or more the West has stood by and accepted the USA bombing,
drone-assassinating, and outright unprovoked invasion of countries
populated by brown- and black-skinned people, mostly Muslim, and done
nothing. US aggression double-plus good.

Why was the USA not banned from the SWIFT banking system after their
unprovoked invasion and occupation of Iraq and their continuing bombing
and drone-assassination campaigns in Africa and the Middle East?

At the same time that the US was hypocritically condemning Russia, they
were bombing Somalia:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/02/25/us-bombed-somalia-amid-russian-invasion-ukraine

But that's okay, because they're only blacks. (Sarcasm.)

Why haven't American oligarchs like Jeff Bezos had their assets seized?
They are every bit as responsible for American state actions as Russian
ologarchs are responsible for Russian state actions.

For the white Ukrainians, Europe and America is full of bleeding hearts.

But for the black and brown Muslims being bombed by US missiles and
drones, their countries destroyed, the victims of brutal authoritarian
regimes being protected, armed and trained by the US, they have nothing
but hearts of stone.

It is hypocracy and double-standards.

Even just a few weeks ago, everyone knew that Ukraine's deep connections
to literal Nazis was a serious problem. Now its "fake news" because
their Nazi connection is inconvenient for US propaganda.

https://theintercept.com/2022/02/24/ukraine-facebook-azov-battalion-russia/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/congress-members-call-out-ukraine-government-for-glorifying-nazis/

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/hundreds-of-ukrainians-march-in-honor-of-nazi-collaborator.6647732/

https://www.mintpressnews.com/ukraine-jewish-president-zelensky-made-peace-neo-nazi-paramilitaries/279862/

Where were the Western press when Ukrainian forces shelled (and continue
to shell) civilian targets in Donetsk? War crimes against Russian-
speakers is apparently okay.

https://thenewsglory.com/in-donetsk-two-residential-buildings-were-damaged-during-shelling-by-the-armed-forces-of-ukraine/

To say nothing of more recent missile attacks against civilian targets
in Donetsk.

Make no mistake: Ukraine is the willing catspaw of the US in their
slow-motion war on Russia, they are not innocent victims of aggression.
This has been building for six years, since the popularly-elected
Ukrainian government was overthrown by the far-right.

https://mate.substack.com/p/the-ukraine-crisis-sponsored-by-us?s=r

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/04/22/the-buried-maidan-massacre-and-its-misrepresentation-by-the-west/

https://fair.org/home/what-you-should-really-know-about-ukraine/

https://www.cpr.org/2020/01/24/far-away-from-washington-impeachment-means-little-to-us-troops-who-provide-ukraines-military-aid/

I support the right of all nations to defend themselves, not just the
USA, even preemptive defence when negotiations have failed.

I support a negotiated peace that guarantees the security of both Russia
and Ukraine.

I support the permanent neutrality of Ukraine.

I support the removal of Nazis from the government, military and
police of Ukraine, especially the notorious Azov Battalion.

I support the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk.

--
Steve