Re: non-starting browsers - the whole sad history

On Sunday 27 February 2022 02:23:21 pm gene heskett wrote:
> Surely whats been installed should be removable without destroying the
> rest of the system? But that approach isn't on the menu.

Hi Gene,

Okay, I have not read this whole thread, so if I've misunderstood so be it…

MX Linux (Debian derivative) has options during install to ‘preserve home’ and
to not have to reformat the HD.  My last install took a total of about 30
minutes and I did not have to reconfigure every TDE package to get them back
to how I like them.  Between the two options I probably saved 100 hours
of ‘work.’

HTH, if not best anyways!,
Michael

https://mxlinux.org/download-links/