Re: strange visitors on top

> > Does anybody know what these processes represent?
> >
> > applet.py
> > agent
> > at-spi-bus-laun
> I presume you have tried googling for "Linux agent" and "Linux
> applet.py". I don't have to imagine how useless that was, because I just
> tried it myself.
Yup. :-\

> You're running on a new machine, presumably with a new OS. So it is
> perfectly expected that you will see processes that you've never seen
> before, and nothing to be concerned about.

I took out the factory installed 250 GB hard drive, and installed my own 2 TB
ssd, so nothing but Devuan Chimaera and TDE (but also occasionally some xfce
and mate) have ever touched this machine. It is *almost* a virgin.

> Since these processes are not part of TDE, you will probably get a
> better answer by asking the Linux distro community you are using.
>
> > I've tried to track them down to their source, so far with no luck.
>
> What have you tried?

I think I already posted this information. These were the processes, as far as
I could trace them at that time.

$ ls -l /proc/2666/exe
 17:46 /proc/2666/exe -> /usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent
$ ls -l /proc/2660/exe
 17:46 /proc/2660/exe -> /usr/bin/python3.9
$ ls -l /proc/2656/exe
 17:46 /proc/2656/exe -> /usr/libexec/at-spi-bus-launcher
$ sed -e 's/\x00/ /g' /proc/2660/cmdline
/usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/system-config-printer/applet.py

At any rate, none of those items show up in top or htop at the moment. I don't
know if they could be related to the problem with my browsers not starting.
Unless they are, I would consider this issue to be dead. Once I reinstalled
and was careful not to reinstall packages using geoclue and python3.9, I
didn't seem them any more. And I don't see any connection with my browsers
not starting.

Bill