Re: I'M BAAAACK! - vanishing menu items

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> Ok, I'm convinced. I just purged "ark-trinity" and the "compress" submenu
> in konqueror is gone. I reinstalled it and it's there again.
>
> On Devuan "konq-plugins-trinity" recommends "ark-trinity", so no hard
> dependecy. Is there a good reason for it not be a "depend" ?

I do not know details to why, but TDE aims to be modular and flexible. For a
newbie or an avg user it might be even too much (especially compared to the
newer and dumber Gnomes and KDEs approaches)

IMO these problems pop up if you do not install tde-trinity, which usually
pulls more then you would need, but makes installation complete incl. all
these details.

I personally prefer the flexibility as the desktop can be dedicated to one
purpose and can be easily maintained (updated)

BR