Re: Chromium and Chrome-google unmanageable : resolved

On Sunday 23 January 2022 02:20:31 pm Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Sunday 23 January 2022 20.00:35 ajh-valmer wrote:
> > So now, which Nvidia or ATI video card works perfectly with Linux ?
>
> I have a Radeon RX 480 that works well, but is quite power hungry.
>
> My everyday machine uses the integrated "amdgpu" provided by the processor
> (Ryzen 5 pro 2400 GE with Radeon Vega Graphics, says TCC) and that work
> very well for most situations - I use the RX only for running X Plane
> actually.
>
> Thierry
Like Thierry (hello there)  I also use ati cards with some intel OBGs.

All of them have always worked, including 3d acel. I use hardware acel with
all browsers, including the chrome based ones I just tested, as well as intel
OBGs.

I have ALWAYS had problems with nvidia. I was able to get them to work but I
prefer the out of the box usability of ATI cards on gnu linux over hours of
fiddling.

I'm so glad you figured it out. I will remember this.
Sorry you had to be the lab rat for this André.

Cheers,

Kate