Re: Chromium and Chrome-google unmanageable : resolved

On Sunday 23 January 2022 16:40:43 E. Liddell wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:44:35 +0100> <ajh.valmer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > If they're gtk apps? Maybe it's a gtk setting probem?
> > > Kate
> > Which Gtk applications should be installed ?
> > Normally  Chromium and Chrome-google do that automatically
> > or inform if there is a missing package...
>
> Chromium is GTK3, but the original screen capture looked more like
> a broken video acceleration problem.  Judging from all the hideous
> stuff in the Chromium ebuild, any of X, mesa, opengl, GTK3, and
> various types of support in the video driver (for opencl, vulkan, etc.)
> *could* be the culprit, but the video driver is the most likely to be
> responsible.
>
> I'd recommend the nvidia proprietary driver over nouveau in this case,
> because nouveau is reverse-engineered and doesn't always handle all
> the capabilities of every card correctly.  Make sure you have the right
> version for your hardware—it forks periodically.

The problem is resolved.
In Chromium and Chrome I had to disable the 3D acceleration.
My Nvidia video card is old.
Sorry, I apologize, I could have found it, by typing in google :
"Why is hardware acceleration not working in Chrome ?"
who gave me this solution.

So now, which Nvidia or ATI video card works perfectly with Linux ?

Thanks a lot to those who helped me.

André