TDE Installation

aka the Dan Youngquist method:

Dan states in a recent email, that the way he installs TDE would be to install
a MINIMAL XFCE installation and then install TDE

Somebody stated you could install XFCE or MATE and then install TDE.

What I have burned to a USB stick does not offer a minimal XFCE installation
It only offers a full blown installation.. I think it's because Debian offers
the mini iso version first, instead of the CD / DVD version first.

And also, what I have burnt to a USB stick automatically comes with drivers.

I accidentally downloaded the wrong Debian for my great aunts pc and it
couldn't find the wireless card and I was like uh oh, and I had to go
redownload Debian's ISO that had the drivers baked in to the ISO.

I found this page:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/

Would downloading the CD or DVD version offer me the minimal xfce
installation?

Thanks,
Chris