Re: File Manager ( SOLVED )

On Thursday 20 January 2022 08:29:45 am Stefan Krusche wrote:
> Have you tried to create a valid user-dirs.dirs config file where the
> directories which you don't want to be created are defined as "$HOME"
> as has been suggested to you? TDE does respect that (on my system).

I don't know how.. But that worked!

I edited that file again, saved it, and then I deleted the folders and logged
out and they were not recreated!

I guess I will reinstall xdg-user-dirs from synaptic.

>>What exactly did you do to "delete the folders and the folders still
repopulate"? At least you need to change the config file mentioned in
my other mails, too. That's possible with a TDE Control Center (TCC)
module or with a simple file editor. Both should work to tell your
system not to recreate the folders.<<

Opened /home and clicked on the folder that I wanted to delete,  and then hit
the delete key and the folders were automatically repopulated. ( they
instantly came right back )

>>Have you tried to create a valid user-dirs.dirs config file where the
directories which you don't want to be created are defined as "$HOME"
as has been suggested to you? TDE does respect that (on my system).<<

Yes, I tried editing the user-dirs.dirs config file using both sudo nano and
just nano  ( as brought up a couple emails back with screenshots) and as soon
as I logged out and logged back in, the file defaulted back to how it was
before I saved it. meaning, all of the lines that I deleted were re written
inside of the file.

>>This is already the cause. There is no bug. Probably something's wrong
with your system or configuration.<<

I am starting to wonder if I need to do the Dan Younquist method and nuke and
pave AGAIN and do a MINIMAL XFCE install, and then install TDE again? Or do
you think that i'm okay?

I installed TDE by first running the Debian 11 mini iso

installed LXQT

then installed TDE

and then purged LXQT from the system once I got into TDE using

 sudo apt-get purge lxqt*

Thinking that LXQT was the problem.

Thanks,
Chris