Re: File Manager ( Semi SOLVED for now)

Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2022 schrieb c. marlow:
> So I have a SEMI SOLUTION to my problem
>
> Since it looks like this is a bug in TDE, even after purging from
> synaptic xdg-user-dirs and rebooting, and then trying again to delete
> the folders and the folders still repopulate.

Purging a package does not delete any user configuration. It only
deinstalls the program which does something and its *system-wide*
configuration. But there is more than one program for the same
function. In this case also TDE does care for XDG user directories.

What exactly did you do to "delete the folders and the folders still
repopulate"? At least you need to change the config file mentioned in
my other mails, too. That's possible with a TDE Control Center (TCC)
module or with a simple file editor. Both should work to tell your
system not to recreate the folders.

> I made a folder in
> /home called CMsHome. And then on the desktop I right clicked on the
> CHRIS icon and changed:
>
> konqueror /home/chris/
>
> to:
>
> konqueror /home/chris/CMsHome
>
> Apply and Okay
>
> So now when I launch Konq
>
> konqueror /home/chris/CMsHome opens with my nextcloud folder,
> downloads folder, and 1 other folder.. Much cleaner!

Good. You found a solution. But that is nothing to do with the XDG
mechanism which automatically creates commonly expected folders for
desktop environments (it's not a TDE thing; TDE only supports that).

> I hope that this bug is fixed soon to where the user has right to
> make choices of what folders they want and dont want and not TDE
> decide and force you to have folders that you DON'T want.

This is already the cause. There is no bug. Probably something's wrong
with your system or configuration.

Have you tried to create a valid user-dirs.dirs config file where the
directories which you don't want to be created are defined as "$HOME"
as has been suggested to you? TDE does respect that (on my system).

Kind regards,
Stefan