Re: TDE Installation

On Thursday 20 January 2022 09:18:12 am c. marlow wrote:
> aka the Dan Youngquist method:
>
> I found this page:
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/
>
> Would downloading the CD or DVD version offer me the minimal xfce
> installation?

Whow knows?  That page sucks rat balls at explaining anything.  Try this:

https://www.linuxtechi.com/how-to-install-debian-11-bullseye/

at the Software selection step make sure to un-check all desktop environments.

On Thursday 20 January 2022 09:03:43 am c. marlow wrote:
> I am starting to wonder if I need to do the Dan Younquist method and nuke
> and pave AGAIN and do a MINIMAL XFCE install, and then install TDE again?
> Or do you think that i'm okay?

If it's working how you want, then you're okay ;)

If you want to nuke and pave AGAIN, personally I’d only install TDE, and not
install any other desktop(s).

I’ve attached scripts that should help you do that from the root command line.
Stick them on a USB and write down the manual mount command.  In short:

- Install bullseye base (no desktops)
- Boot into bullseye base
- Mount USB with scripts
- Run scripts S1 through S4 in order *
- Reboot

* scripts aug and aud are included for convenience.

HTH,
Michael