Re: A question about the different versions.

On Wednesday 19 January 2022 07:48:15 Stefan Krusche wrote:

> > > Why don't you try Kmail?! AFAIK, it does everything what a user
> > > wants to do with an email client. And it looks just as awesome as
> > > all the rest of TDE, just like you configured the whole thing. :-)

Kmail is superior to ALL other mail clients (in my own experience, at least).

If I had to pick another, Claws and/or Sylpheed are pretty good, what I've
tried out, but lack Kmail's overall ease of use and functionality.

Regarding Claws and/or Sylpheed: the one is forked from the other, I believe,
but I forget which is which. The only reason I would consider using them is
that they have portable versions for other platforms, especially for Windoze
if one is forced to use a public computer (for example). Then it would come
in handy. However, using IMAP instead of POP would probably overcome most
difficulties, but I don't use IMAP.

It would be nice to have a way to combine those various functions in a single
client, but I don't foresee a version of Kmail that is cross-platform or
portable.

I am speculating a bit here; for my own needs, I will be accessing webmail
sometimes, when I am travelling, then switching to Kmail on my own machine
and downloading mails to the Kmail client on my own machine. So it would be
nice to be able to keep everything coordinated and organized, rather than
having my emails scattered across different machines or clients, or stored in
different folders.

Bill