Re: A question about the different versions.

Am Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2022 schrieb c. marlow:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:57:22 +0100
>
> Stefan Krusche <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > welcome to TDE. Glad to hear that you like it!
> >

> > Why don't you try Kmail?! AFAIK, it does everything what a user
> > wants to do with an email client. And it looks just as awesome as
> > all the rest of TDE, just like you configured the whole thing. :-)
>
> Hallo or should I say, Guten Tag! ( I noticed the .de TLD) :)

Yes, that's right, ich bin Deutsch (I am German).

> Do you use Kmail?

Yes, exclusively, since 17-18 years, the old KDE3 times (and still happy
with it). :-)

> Where does KMAIL store emails at so I can back them up into a .tar.gz
> file?

Default directory for the email archive is ~/.trinity/share/apps/kmail.
In this directory are also some config files, for example the files
where kmail stores infos about already downloaded messages.

> What about configuration files? Where are those files stored at so I
> can back them up in case I have to nuke and pave?

Additional to the above mentioned directory the actual config files for
kmail are the following:

.trinity/share/config/kmail.eventsrc
.trinity/share/config/kmailrc
.trinity/share/config/kmailsnippetrc
.trinity/share/config/emaildefaults
.trinity/share/config/emailidentities

I do a restore with a backup copy of kmail's data directory and the five
config files.

In general, it's more easy to just backup (almost) all of TDE's
configuration by copying/saving the directory ~/.trinity in total.

> Thanks,
> Chris

Gerne.