Re: Always this problem DCOP_SERVER with Bullseye

On Saturday 08 January 2022 03:39:14 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> On 2022/01/08 03:08 AM, ajh-valmer wrote:
> > I made a complete reinstallation of Debian-Bullseye and tde-trinity.
> > Always this problem DCOP_SERVER when "/run/user/1000/" has this line :
> > -rw------- 1 root root 410  7 janv. 18:04 ICEauthority
> > and not with line as user :
> > -rw------- 1 andre andre 410 7 janv. 18:10 ICEauthority
> > So, permanently to not have that, I must type in root :
> > chown andre.andre /run/user/1000/
> > Who among you with Debian-Bullseye have this message DCOP_SERVER ?

> Hi André,
> I used Bullseye with TDE for as long as bullseye was testing, so for quite a while.
> I also think there are a number of other users on bullseye without this issue.
> I remember that you mentioned with a new user this problem does not happen. Am I right?
> If so, as I suggested in one of my previous emails, you can do as so:
> 1) backup your home folder
> 2) remove your andre user
> 3) create new andre user, don't copy any of your existing settings.
> Verify a TDE session works fine with this new user.
> Again my understand is that you did this already before.
> 4) if all works fine, progressively copy over some of your setup to the user,
> verify everything is working fine.
> Save a backup of your $HOME and repeat the process copying over more
> and more things or installing more packages. Michele

Hi Michele,

I created a new user, so with a /home/<user>/ almost virgin.
Idem, the dcopserver error messages are always there.
Thoses messages appears when I click on an icon that ask a program
in root mode (gparted, konqueror, konsole in root...).
Just after, I have these rights in "/run/user/1000/" :
-rw------- 1 root root 410  7 janv. 17:12 ICEauthority
that cause the message.

A solution : to stop  the icon that ask the root mode.
But why you and others have not this message  ?
Michele, can you make a test by creating an icon in root mode,
(I suggest Gparted) and tell me if you receive the same behaviour.

Cheers, André