Re: Always this problem DCOP_SERVER with Bullseye

Hi Michele,

I created a new user, so with a /home/<user>/ almost virgin.
Idem, the dcopserver error messages are always there.
Thoses messages appears when I click on an icon that ask a program
in root mode (gparted, konqueror, konsole in root...).
Just after, I have these rights in "/run/user/1000/" :
-rw------- 1 root root 410  7 janv. 17:12 ICEauthority
that cause the message.

A solution : to stop  the icon that ask the root mode.
But why you and others have not this message  ?
Michele, can you make a test by creating an icon in root mode,
(I suggest Gparted) and tell me if you receive the same behaviour.

Cheers, André

Hi André,
the issue with ICEauthority ownership when using tdesu has now been fixed.
I seem to recall you are using PSB. IF so, would you be able to test with the updated tdelibs and confirm whether it works for you as well?

@other users who reported the same issue (or recent problems with starting DCOP or other programs after launching something as root): if you can test and feedback as well, it would be great.

Cheers
  Michele